We’ve written a number of blogs on different kitchen styles: Traditional, Contemporary, Transitional, and two-toned. Our friends at Medallion Cabinetry have created a tri-color kitchen where three different finishes are artfully and cohesively blended.
This cabinetry is from Medallion’s Platinum Collection and features different woods, paint, highlights, and stains:
- Maple Ash Creme Classic – a light gray Classic paint with pewter highlights on the pantry, refrigerator/freezer doors, vent hood, and upper cabinets.
- Maple Dove Appaloosa – Specialty highlights: a white finish, Legacy Distressing and dark accent color. The natural beauty of the wood grain shows through this multi-layered finish, creating an even more distinct and unique look. This highlight is used on the center island.
- Cherry Peppercorn Stain – A light gray base with a hand-wiped charcoal overlay produces a warm gray overall color that is semi-transparent nature. This stain us used on the lower cabinets.
At first glance, this kitchen may look a bit monochromatic. After a while, the genius of the design becomes apparent:
- The Maple Dove Apalloosa tone of the center island is a bit lighter than the surrounding cabinetry and becomes the visual center of the room.
- The Cherry Peppercorn Stain on the second food preparation area is a bit darker and hides the range.
- The Maple Ash Creme Classic gives the other areas in the kitchen a nice, clean look with its slightly glossy, easy-clean surface.
If we turn around and look at the breakfast nook we see how the color scheme works there. Here we see the Dove Appaloosa on the bench cabinet, and Cherry Peppercorn on the storage area and wainscoating.
Does your design sense run towards the subtle? We can discus how to combine woods, paints and stains to create your dream kitchen – contact us.